A. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
In order to provide you with the best content and products, we collect your personal information when you submit forms or buy a product from us. We also receive data through cookies, analytics tools, pixels, and similar technologies.
Information You Provide Us
The Sites may ask you to provide personally identifiable information, which is information that could be used to identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit or debit card numbers expiration date, and security code (“Personal Information”) and other information about you, such as demographic information (your gender, country of location, ZIP code, age, or similar information) or certain information about your preferences and interests. The Sites may collect Personal Information and other information about you at various places and forms on the Sites, including registration forms, when you submit a question to us, when you apply for a job or internship, or when you otherwise communicate or interact with us.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information you provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. Please read their privacy policies to understand the manner in which they may handle your Personal Information.
Please note that information submitted to the Sites via a form or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless we disclose otherwise at the time you submit your request. The Sites are general audience websites and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13). We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from an individual younger than the age of thirteen (13). If a parent, guardian, or anyone else becomes aware of Personal Information that has been collected from the use of the Store or Sites by an individual under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information submitted to us may be updated and/or deleted by sending an e-mail to Store customer service at email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically
B. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your data to provide, support, personalize, and develop our products, services, and content.
Global Law Media may use your Personal Information:
- to provide related customer service, including, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- to provide you with information or services that you have requested or agreed to receive (either by opting in or choosing not to opt-out);
- to process your information with the Sites, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid;
- to improve the Sites or our services;
- to customize the content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Sites and, in our discretion, changes to the Sites’ policies;
- to facilitate your purchase of Global Law Media products and services;
- for internal business purposes; and
- for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
C. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties for reasons such as to deliver better content, to legally protect us or others, or if there may be a merger, sale, or asset transfer.
We may share your personal information with:
- third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide better content, products, or services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services,
- business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services,
- third-party advertising partners that may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Sites to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising”, and
- third-party application program interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Sites.
- if doing so is legally required to comply by the law or court order and to protect your, our, or others’ rights;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
D. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have the right to opt-out of receiving any communications from us, as well as determine what happens to your Personal Information.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can unsubscribe and opt-out of receiving future emails. In addition, you may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. You may be required to opt-out of cookies in each browser and on each device.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- access your Personal Information,
- request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete,
- request deletion of your personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us and we will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
E. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The files and records containing your personal information will be kept on our service providers’ servers and only individuals that require it for the purposes of their duties will have access to this file. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
By using our Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Sites. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Sites or by sending an email to you.
F. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your information may be on servers that are located around the world.
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We aim to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws. If we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
G. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will store your personal information as long as you use our Sites or as necessary for the purpose that it was collected, to resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
I. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.